Hello everybody !
Read the rest of this entry »
Wedding Planning: Important Reminders
A wedding is one of the most important events in one’s lifetime. Though expressly said that weddings are created in heaven, the task to make them a notable success lies heavily in our hands. Even though the task may appear daunting and stressful, a methodical and strategic planning will see the day flow very much smoothly. A lot of foresight and planning is requisite in wedding day planning and all preparations should begin very early.
- Following the engagement, a suitable wedding date ought to be put in place. The time span between engagement and the wedding day should be sufficient to allow for proper preparations and arrangements. Once a suitable date is set, all friends and relatives need to be informed about the about the wonderful occasion so that they pluck the day out of their usual time schedules.
- Opt for a suitable theme for your wedding. Do you need a close knit event, a simple one or a grand event? Would like it to be themed or just regular? Do you want it to run across the day or in the evening?
- The next move is to scout around for the most suitable venue for the selected theme for your wedding. The location should be spacious enough to host all your invited guests.
- You wedding day menu should be fastidiously handpicked. It is wise to visit the caterer in advance so as to sample the dishes to ensure the decision made is the best.
- If necessary, an experienced wedding planner can be hired. The planner oversees and guides the entire process allowing you to focus on other fine details.
As the bride and the groom, you need to make an early selection of the wedding dresses you will don during the ceremony. This gives you the time to make any modifications or alterations to the garment if need arises. Distributing the tasks and the chores among friends and relatives will relieve you of considerable burden and ensure that your energy is not drained off.
You need not to bear any stress or get panicked. The day is all about you so you have to ensure that you feel comfortable and calm. Proper planning with systematic preparations ensures that the wedding runs smoothly with no glitch whatsoever. After all, your wedding day is one of the days you will cherish for your entire lifetime.
Wedding Day Beauty Tips
Would you wish to dress yourself in that ethereal elegance on your wedding day? We have five simple tips for you here, to achieve just that! We also have helpful hints and wonderful product recommendations to enhance your wedding day beauty.
- Try using waterproof eye makeup. Any other might have your tears flowing during the wedding day as it has happened to many brides. Given there are so many waterproof products in the market, you actually don’t need to take a chance even if you feel you are not the crying type.
- A long lasting lipstick is most preferable. When the products were first rolled out, most of them were dry and this rendered them unsuitable for a day packed with unceasing congratulatory kisses and countless close-ups. The current generation wipes out the drawback in the aspect that they come with separate colour and moisturizer. The colour is applied once in the morning but remoistening can be done a number of times across the day to keep the lips picturesque and luscious. My favorite brands are All-day Lipcolour, Outlast and Cover Girl.
- It can be tricky to have an even and perfect colour application, so you need to practice several times. You really need to have it done right on the first application since removing it can be pretty difficult.
- You need to have your “spot checker”. A “spot checker” is another person whose make up style matches your own. Your maid of honour can effectively serve this purpose. Another good candidate is your mother. Their main duty is to keep a keen eye on you and signal you whenever you need a touch up. They may also give you easy access to your lipstick by doing you a favour of stashing them in their purse.
- Beef up your backup facilities. The venue requires that you stake out a changing facility or a bathroom. You also need to pack up an emergency kit including a sewing kit, lipstick, hairspray, hairbrush, clear nail polish to repair stocking runs and power to beat out shiny noses, alongside any other gadget you feel you and your bridesmaids may require during the ceremony.
Ensure you take a test run. Put all these beauty products under test a number of times – it would be extremely exasperating and disappointing to find out you are allergic to any of these products in the morning of your wedding day.
Relax! A relaxed bride makes the most beautiful bride.
As what we often hear and say, our hair is our crowning glory. Men and some ladies may opt going around without it; but for the majority, our hair is something we can’t give up so easily.
We can grow our hair as much as we wish and trim it as short as we can handle. We can even change its color and shape depending on our mood and personality. Indeed, our hairs define who we are.
As we can observe, different occasions require different hairstyles. A simple ponytail is a good option for a stroll in the park or a weekend camp, whereas formal parties may require one to wear his or her hair in a style that suits the occasion.
Take weddings for example. Over the years, hairdo for brides didn’t capture as much attention as it having today. A bride’s hair today is fixed in such a way that it leaves an impression as powerful as a bridal dress, make-up, or pair of shoes.
Find a style which complements you
Have your hair fixed in such a way that it complements the shape of your face as well as your body size. Moreover, it should also suit your personality and match the dress that you’ll be wearing on your wedding day.
Aside from the fashion of the hair cut, another option offered for soon-to-be brides when it comes to hair beautification is hair dyeing. Bride can choose from a wide range of colors; from the common ones such as black or chestnut brown to fresher tints such as green, blue or even red.
But then again, brides shouldn’t simply pick a color and have it applied on their hair. The dye must match the bride’s skin color as well as type of hair. Those with lighter complexion should opt for vibrant colors while those whose skin color are a darker should have their hair dyed in darker tones such as brown.
Aside from the color tones, dyeing techniques which range from addition of color through streaks, hair bleaching, or full color change are another set of options.
Other trends at hairstyling available to brides include hair relaxing, straightening or rebonding for those who have wavy or curly hair but wish to wear a sleek straight hair on their special day.
Also, those who would like to add life to their crowning glory may have it curled or layered.
Braiding and hair crimping may also be applied.
Lastly, when going for hair treatments, see to it that the products don’t cause skin irritation, especially to the scalp. By bringing together your own style and what’s hot in the world of hair fashion, you reconstruct a more attractive and stunning you on your special day.
Ask a young girl what she wants to be and she’d tell you that she wishes to become a princess, a doctor, a nurse, or a teacher. The moment she reaches her (late) twenties, ask her the same question and she might answer you that all she looks forward to is that day when she becomes a full-pledged bride. Yes, weddings bring about a gush of excitement to ladies. Much more if it’s her own wedding.
And I guess the reason for this is pretty much obvious. A girl’s wedding day is her big day. On that day, she will be everyone’s apple of the eye. People would stick their necks out just to get a glimpse of her walking down the aisle.
That’s why ladies prepare for their wedding day. Aside from the invitations, guest list, venue, and dresses, brides prepare themselves too. This means shedding off some extra calories, lots of trips to the salon, and frequent spa visits with the purpose of achieving the looks that would get every guest saying “lucky groom”.
Here are some beauty options for brides-to-be.
Caring for Skin
- Future brides should avail of skin treatments half a year before the big day.
- Include treatment of skin problems, refining, removal of unwanted scars, back facial, or improvement of skin tone and softness.
- Bride may also opt to have her skin checked so as to get an idea on the type of make- up that would look good on her.
- Eating a lot of fruits and vegetables can also help in making the skin healthy.
- Caring for the skin shouldn’t simply be done so as to impress the guests or the groom for that matter. We all need to keep our skin healthy, whether we’re getting married or not.
Caring for the Face
- Treatments focus on the face to attain a radiant skin appearance.
- May also include treatment of pimples, warts, blackheads, as well as the pores.
Caring for the Feet
- To pamper the feet, the bride may opt for a foot scrub, foot massage, or pedicure.
Caring for the hands
- A bride-to-be should get a manicure as well as a hand massage.
- This improves the smoothness of the hands as well as appearance of the nails.
- Brides should go nail polish colors that compliment the color of their gowns.
- Dark and brilliant colors aren’t good options.
Caring for the Hair
- Options include hot oil treatment, hair spa, or hair rebonding.
Looking good on your wedding is a must. Besides, it is not every day that you’re given the chance to be the focus of everyone. So look your best; you don’t get married every day, you know.